Monday, February 14, 2011

A "homemade" Valentine's Day

Let's face it, many of us are paying more attention to our spending habits.  We don't, however, have to spend a ton of money in order to have a special Valentine's Day.  I made gifts for my husband.  They were very low cost, but he will really appreciate them and he'll know since I made them, that they were gifts of my time and that is even more precious than cash.    

Here is a little box I made for my husband.  I filled it with sunflower seeds so it will be a tasty treat for him.  The heart inside is popped up in the air by a paper "spring" made from a circle. 


I also am giving him a big candy bar which I wrapped in some Love Letter dsp and retired ribbon.

Finally, I made him a coordinating "husband, lover, friend" themed card by using the Always Elegant stamp set (this one I got FREE during Sale-A-Bration!) and my favorite "go-to" set that is the most used in my entire collection, Tiny Tags, plus the coordinating punch.
 Now that my crafting is done, I'll be cooking up a yummy supper and make him some of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.  Tonight we'll be snuggling up on the sofa and watching a movie together.  This will be a fun and memorable Valentine's Day without the stress of expensive gifts or having a pricey dinner out.  Here's wishing you a wonderful holiday!  :)


4 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful projects. Great blog. I'm following you via SC.
    Carrie Sampsel
    www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Your blog! too cute! and I really like your crafty style. Following from SC.

    Belinda
    www.studiobeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These a wonderful projects! I'm sure your husband loved them! Now following from SC #342...hope you'll retrun the favour when you can.
    http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower from the SC thread.

    I'll be back to visit your blog. So cute, and i love the layout / background. Very talented work.

    Jennifer Kiddle
    http://hopskipandastamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete