Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Open Sea

I have a thing for maps & globes, so I ordered The Open Sea from the summer mini catalog.  I thought it would make a nice travel journal, plus I thought it would be good for masculine cards.  I used it yesterday and I just love it!  I made a series of cards that I will be adding to the blog over the next week.  Here's the first from the stack:


If you have some time on your hands and could make some Father's Day cards this week, the folks at Operation Write Home would certainly appreciate it.  Evidently they are really short on those cards this year and I think it'll be a shame that our troops won't have access to a card to mail home to dad.  Normally I organize groups at my church to make cards, but there just isn't time, so instead I'm going to make some to send.  I probably will only send 10 or 12, but every little bit helps.  If you'd like to help and can mail a few Father's Day cards later this week or early next week, please do so.  There are volunteers in different parts of the county who accept the donations and ship boxes of cards to units stationed abroad.  You can learn more by visiting http://www.operationwritehome.org or by sending me a note at svzhong@gmail.com and I'll tell you how to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment