Sunday, January 8, 2012

A week of Birthdays

Many of my friends and family have January birthdays.  This week is particularly a festive week.  My friend, Cinda, will celebrate her birthday tomorrow and my friend, Phyllis, will be celebrating on Tuesday.  Then on Wednesday, I’ll be having my birthday.  I see lots of cake in my future.  lol  I used the Gnome Sweet Gnome set to create a fun birthday card.  I know some people find gnomes creepy (kind of like how I feel about clowns,) but ever since Travelocity had the “Roaming Gnome” commercials, I fell in love with them.  The image I used on this card is my favorite from the set because it has the cute little frog too!

IMG_1958     

I used watercolor paper and colored in my gnome with ink pads and my AquaPainter.  I stamped some flowers from the Itty Bitty Bits and then added some Dazzling Details to add some sparkle.  (Those sparkle dots look MUCH better in person.  I realized when I looked at the photo that they sort of resembled warts instead of sparkle.  lol) 

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest little gnome I've seen! Absolutely love how you used the Framelits to the side of the card and your watercolouring is amazing! TFS and happy Wednesday birthday! May you have a Happy Stamping Year ahead!

    ReplyDelete