Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embossing Folder Storage

I saw this storage idea on another blog and now I can’t find it again.  (Don’t you hate it when that happens?)  Anyway, this is not my idea.  I’m just copying it!  It’s a great way to recycle and create storage for your embossing folders. 

I started this project at the grocery store.  I found tuna pouches merchandised in a little box.  I took the box and asked my cashier if I could have it.   Of course, she said yes.  I brought it home and took it apart. 

IMG_2171

I didn’t want a tuna box in my craftroom, so I covered the box with the new Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper.  (This paper will be available during the month of April and then again in the new catalog in June.)  I wanted the inside of my box to be a color other than brown, so I covered it with Pear Pizazz.  (My finished box was really bulky.  If I do this again, I’d do it with a lighter weight paper on the inside (more Designer Series Paper) or just leave it natural.)

IMG_2173

I re-assembled my box and added a little embellishment.  Then I added my embossing folders.  They fit perfectly!

IMG_2177

If you decide to make one for your embossing folders, you might try something like Contact Paper in place of the Designer Series Paper.  It would add more longevity to the box and would be thinner and cover more completely.  I think using gift wrap would work well too.  It’s a very inexpensive project, so you could try it with lots of different things to see what works best for you.

1 comment: