Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Using your versamarker

It’s confession time.  Raise your hand if you’ve used your VersaMarker in the past 6 months?  The past year?  I’m sad to say that I had to raise my hand.  While I have one, I just never pull it out.  It’s funny because I use my VersaMark Pad all the time.  I love the tone-on-tone look that I get from using it.  Imagine my surprise and delight when I saw a new technique that would allow me to dust off my marker! 

I made this card by using a White Craft inkpad with Mixed Bunch Stamp set.  I stamped onto Lucky Limeade.  (I also tried this with the Basic Grey and it turned out well too!)  After allowing the flowers time to dry (remember, it takes a little longer for the craft ink), I traced around the stamped images with my Versamarker.  I love how it adds a shadow effect and makes the images really pop.  I added a few little embellishments and the card was done.  This is the fastest card I’ve made in a long time.  Shhh… don’t tell.  I think the recipient will think it took much more effort.  hehe

IMG_2133

No comments:

Post a Comment