Monday, April 9, 2012

Everybunny…. Not just for Easter

I hope you had a great Easter!  The weather was beautiful here in Oregon which was a big change after the late snow and hail we experienced.  I hope Spring is here to stay!  I love the Everybunny stamp set and used it a lot for the Easter holiday.  However, I made a thank you note with it and I think it’s appropriate.  I also think this set would work well for baby cards & announcements. 

For this card, I watercolored my bunny and mounted him onto a punched oval.  I used the oval designer frames embossing folder and then cut it out close to the embossed area.  I wanted to have some variation in the color, so I ran the embossed edges through my white craft ink pad.  After it dried, I sanded it a bit to soften the white and reveal some of the color underneath and then I applied crumb cake distressing.  Honestly, when you look at it, it doesn’t look like it took so many steps.  lol  When I send it, the recipient will just think I used different colors of green, even though I used the same paper.  I feel like I made my Pear Pizzazz cardstock multi-task for this one.  hehe 

IMG_2197

On another note, I’m heading to Florida for a few weeks to visit my family and friends, so I won’t be working on this website for a little white.  I do plan to add a post about the retired stamp sets on April 15th, so you can start planning what you need to buy before it’s gone, but that will be it.  The retired accessory list will be released on April 25th.  Unfortunately I will be at Disney World that week and I won’t have internet access to post.  I plan to do that first thing on the 28th.  I apologize for the delay.  My regular posts will continue the week of April 30th.     

No comments:

Post a Comment