Sunday, April 29, 2012

There’s No Place Like Home!

I had a great trip to Florida, but it was SOOOO nice to sleep back in my own bed.  I spent time at my mom’s house in Orange Park and then went to Disney World for a few days.  EPCOT’s Flower & Garden Festival is happening now and it was just beautiful.  I have a brown thumb, so I was jealous that people could grow things that look so nice.  I took photos of the things I liked and plan to talk to my friend who owns a local farm market to see what I might could keep alive here. 

IMG_2214

My husband did a great job keeping up the blog in my absence.  I was sad to see so many of my favorite stamp sets retire.  Then when the retired accessories list was released, I was freaking out to see all those ink pads.  Whew!  Glad they are just changing them instead of retiring all those colors!  I have always liked the felt pads, but I do have customers who don’t feel they are juicy enough.  Perhaps the foam pads will make everyone happy.  Needless to say, I plan to keep the ones I have now and just upgrade as new colors are introduced.  I’m all for progress, but I hate waste, so I won’t just toss out the old ones because they are felt. 

I also wanted to clarify the situation on the cardstock.  There are many 12x12 colors listed.  Those colors will only be sold in the color sets in the 12x12 cardstock starting in June, so they aren’t retiring the colors.  And, some of the 12x12 cardstock will still be available in single color packages.  When I spoke with Stampin’ Up they said the more popular colors will still be available that way.  That’s why only some of the 12x12 colors are listed on the retiring list.  They said the same is true for the markers, although it appears to me that most all of them are listed as retiring and will be sold in color sets only starting in June. 

If you have any questions about the things that are retiring, feel free to contact me and I’ll be happy to help.  Also, keep in mind that the last day to order from the Occasions Mini Catalog is tomorrow (Monday, April 30th!)  Some of the things are sure to make it to the big catalog in June, but no lists have been released.  If there is something you want and love (say the Mixed Bunch Stamp Set with the coordinating punch,) then don’t delay your order!

Happy Stampin!

No comments:

Post a Comment