Tuesday, August 21, 2012

No Boxing Gloves Required

I like to try new things to improve my Stampin’ Up business.  After talking to many other demonstrators I’ve decided to offer my customers a Card Buffet.  If you’re local, you should sign up and come!  I’ll have 12 card designs.  Participants will pay $12 and will be able to make any six cards they like.  If you want more than 6 cards, you can make more and just pay $1.50 for each extra one.  Sounds fun, right?  The first in the series of Fall Card Buffets will be held on Tuesday, September 11th from 6-9PM.  Space is limited, so sign up to reserve your spot! 

two-women-fighting_nbe0014(1)

Now, as one who normally dislikes change in my life, I want to calm any fears and concerns about this new format.  I am not concerned that everyone will want to make the same card, but I think the participants will have enough variety that there shouldn't be any fighting.  lol  I will have 12 card options. There will be supplies to make 16 of each card.  Assuming we have 12 people attend, that should mean there are plenty of cards for all.  I assume some of the participants will only make the 6 cards for $12.  And maybe a couple ladies who are super fast will be able to make twice that amount.  (Keep in mind, the event only lasts 3 hours!)  Also, while some cards will "retire" after the event, others will be on a rotation and will be available again the following month.  So, if someone wanted to make a card and either didn't get to it because of time constraints or because someone else was making them all, there will be another opportunity the following month.  I plan to retire 4 of the 12 and then add 4 new cards the following month.  This month will be heavier on the "late summer/fall" theming, and that will transition to more Christmas cards in future months.  If I have an unexpected riot and everyone wants to make 10 of the same card, then I might have to rethink this for future buffets and take "orders" ahead of time.  Also know that if there is a card you really, really want to make and it’s running low, you only need request that I bring it back the following month and I’ll be happy to do so.  However, when I talked to other Stampin' Up folks, they have never had problems with people fighting over the same card.  lol   This will be a fun event and it won’t be like the big sale at the mall on Black Friday.  There is a supply list that includes things like adhesive and scissors, but I don’t feel the need to put boxing gloves on that list.  I promise, you’ll have fun and you won’t need to fight!  Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment