Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Signs of Fall

IMG_2772

In addition to the leaves changing, with fall we also have children returning to school and apples filling trees.  This apple card was one we made at my recent card buffet.  I love the simplicity and the fall colors.  It was set to retire from the buffet, but several of the ladies asked that it return, so I’m offering it again in October.   

And speaking of apples, I recently learned to make apple butter.  My friend, Robin, gave me a bunch of apples and I thought I’d try something new.  I love how it turned out.  We’ve eaten so much of it that I think I need to make another batch.  Here I am using my mandolin to slice the apples.  I put them into the crockpot overnight and then the next day my husband helped with the canning.  Neither of us had canned before so it was fun to learn the new skill together.   

IMG_2800IMG_2792

No comments:

Post a Comment