Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stippled Blossoms

I bought this stamp set after returning home from the Stampin’ Up Convention because Carrie Cudney showed a card made with it that I just loved.  Well, I didn’t take a picture of the card she did and I couldn’t even remember what it looked like.  I decided to just make one that was different.  I also wanted to participate in the Color Me Beautiful challenge (http://colormebeautifulchallenge.blogspot.com/) again this week. 

IMG_2814

I used artichoke and vanilla cardstock and added some of the Natural Composition dsp.  I used the colors of the challenge (except for the More Mustard.) 

colors

I used edgelits to get the unique mat shape.  I used the Adorning Accents edgelit to get the curved end and then cut out a lacy design with the Finishing Touches edgelit.  Since it was straight, I clipped it so that I could make it curve and applied it to the back.  I stamped the flower with a 2nd generation Calypso Coral and the leaves with Always Artichoke.  On a separate sheet of paper I stamped the flower image with Calypso Coral and then did the outline in Raspberry Ripple.  I popped it up and a made it a little offset for interest.    I’m happy with the way it all turned out. 

Happy Stampin! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the curved edgelit and your beautiful rose. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along at CMB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...you used the challenge colors in a beautiful way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and the addition of the eyelet lace "ribbon" gives it an extra special touch. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vanessa this is such a lovely card. I especially love the lace, vintage pin and edgelit touches - combined with your beautiful flower, they give the perfect touches. Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Me Beautiful challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Vintage card! Love how you curved the border to fit the base of the image. Thanks so much for joining us again at Color Me Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful & that ribbon you used is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing with us @ Color Me Beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Vanessa! Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!! I love how you used the edgelits and the way you stamped the flower, it all looks sooooo pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at CMB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color me Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete