Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Today is my husband’s birthday.  (Happy Birthday, Scott!)  I thought I’d share the cards I made for him.

IMG_3191

I used the Pretty Petites stamp set to make this card.  I put 4 of the stamps onto one block and then stamped it in rows, removing stamps and I went.  Then I stamped again onto vanilla and punched out just one of the greetings.  (That little punch is so cute!)  I also used the Made for You stamp set, which is a surprise favorite of mine.  Who knew I’d get so much use out of a stamp set costing only $8.95?! 

I also made him a 2nd card so that he’d have one from our dog.  Err… I mean Baron made him a 2nd card.  Smile with tongue out 

IMG_3197

The Animal Talk stamp set was perfect for this card from Baron.  I used the chalkboard technique which I found to be forgiving and lots of fun.  I stamped in white craft ink on black cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.  I did a little coloring and drew some lines with the white watercolor pencil.  The background was stamped with a pawprint image that isn’t Stampin’ Up.  Actually it’s a stamp I’ve had forever and I have no idea of the brand.  To make it even more like a sketch, I drew little hearts all on the background with my white watercolor pencil.

Happy Stampin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment