Friday, January 4, 2013

Doh! Retired!

It’s hard to get back into the swing of work after being a lady of leisure for several weeks, but I have pushed myself.  I have spent hours in my craft room trying to get the creative juices flowing and creating some projects to share.  I thought I was doing pretty well because I finished a couple of cards.  Since Valentine’s Day will be here soon, I decided to use the Affection Collection stamp set.  I’ve had it for months saving it for just this moment.  Well, just today I realized that the Affection Collection set retired yesterday.  Oh no!  I am SO sorry.  Nothing like having me share a card you might like and want to make, only to find out you can no longer buy the stamp set!  Here are 4 cards I planned to show off over the next 2 weeks.  Guess I might as well do it all now! 

IMG_3173   

This card does have some current merchandise on it!  I used the new Amazing Family stamp set, as well as one of the Paper Doilies, from the Spring catalog.  The image stamped as a half circle came from the retired set. 

IMG_3155

This is a birthday card I made for my friend, Marsha.  I used the retired stamp set, but I also used some items that will be available for free during Sale-a-Bration later this month.  The birthday greeting is from the Pretty Petites Stamp set & is punched out with the Petite Curly Label Punch.  Look for those 2 items beginning January 22nd.

IMG_3166

This is a modified version of Marsha’s birthday card. 

IMG_3167

This pretty Valentine was made with the retired stamp set too.  I did use one of the doilies from the new Spring catalog, as well as Crochet Trim & a Glimmer Brad from the main catalog.

I guess it’s back to the craft room for me.  I’ll try to make some samples that aren’t retired!  hehe

Have a great weekend-

No comments:

Post a Comment