Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mixing Old & New

Today’s card not only has new products from the Spring catalog, but also uses the Comfort Café designer series paper from the big catalog. 

IMG_3180

I was super excited to see the Honeycomb embossing folder in the Spring catalog & was anxious to use it.  I WISH (Maybe someone from Stampin’ Up is reading this!) that there was a coordinating punch to fill in the spaces.  For now, at least, that doesn’t exist.  I embossed the designer paper and then clipped out the shapes.  I saw on another demonstrator’s blog that this technique was “fast & easy.”  Maybe I’m just scissor impaired, but it took me a while to cut out those little shapes and to stick them down.  If you get this card from me, know that you are very special because I wouldn’t do this much work for just anybody!  hehe  I love this card.  I love the colors of the Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla mixed together.  I thought the little flower from the Collage Curios stamp set fit perfectly into the honeycomb.  Other items on the card include the White Lace Paper Doilies, which I sponged to make less white, Natural Trim ribbon, Victoria Crochet Trim, Vintage Trinkets, & the From My Heart stamp set. 

**A note about the doilies:  These are thin and delicate.  I told someone just yesterday that I like them better than a competitor’s because they are thin and can be manipulated to fit the card.  BUT, they are delicate.  I cut one in half to stamp and it tore when I put on my adhesive.  I think this would do better with wet glue (like the Mono adhesive or the 2-way glue.) 

4 comments:

  1. My first thought was that it neds a co-ordinations punch. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my demonstrator called stampin up and they have no plans for a punch in that shape and they are all cut out by hand.

    ReplyDelete