Thursday, January 3, 2013

Spring “Mini” Starts Today!

Today, January 3rd, 2013, marks the start of the new Spring catalog.  For most of America, it sure doesn’t feel like Spring, does it?  Here in Oregon it’s frosty outside, which gives me a good excuse to stay inside and stamp. 

Seriously, though, the Spring catalog has lots of fun new items, but I think what stands out most to me is that things are smaller, except for the rhinestones which are now available in a huge size.  There are some very small stamps and punches in this catalog, which is different than what we’ve seen in the past.  It’s also making me rethink how I create projects.  I can no longer make a standard size card with a single stamped image, when the stamps are this small.  Instead I need to use more than one stamp, more embellishments, or to cluster a mixture of items. 

For my first card using items from the new catalog, I used the new Collage Curios stamp set, Bitty Butterfly punch, & Soda Pop Tops.  I added a greeting from the Made for You stamp set and some rhinestones (original, not super-sized.)  I used Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, and Basic Black for my color scheme. 

IMG_3165

Oh, and in case you’re wondering how I stamped my image, I used a new toy I received for Christmas from my friends, Kathy & Pauline.  They gave me the Inkadinkado Stamping Gear set.  I love the way my greeting turned out and I’m looking forward to experimenting with other stamps to create different effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment