Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beautiful Butterflies

I love butterflies.  My name, Vanessa, even means butterfly.  That said, I didn’t buy the new Swallowtail stamp.  I liked it because it is a butterfly, but I didn’t know what I would do with it.  Now I might have to get it.  I’ve seen some really pretty cards that use this one large stamp.

First, I received this card from my friend & customer, Joyce F.  I love the bright colors and the way the embossing makes the butterfly really pop.  I really like the design of this card too, with the extra mat that sets off the image.

IMG_3243

I also did some Make-n-Takes at the local demonstrator meeting last week.

IMG_3231

I love this brown & pink theme.  It reminds me of a Vera Bradley purse I’ve been wanting.  This card design was created by a local demonstrator, Melody.  I love her style.  Melody’s sample card looked better than my version because she didn’t put her thumb into the edge and mess up the embossing power.  lol  I guess that will be “my” signature for this one. 

IMG_3244

It’s great how the same stamp looks so different depending on the color scheme.  I don’t remember who created this idea (sorry!)  I love the Pool Party embossing powder against the white cardstock.  I also like that my thumb didn’t mess up the image on this one.

I really love these.  Sigh.. I guess this means Stampin’ Up will get more of my money.  It’s good I’m a demonstrator to help support my rubber stamp addiction.  hehe 

No comments:

Post a Comment