Friday, February 1, 2013

Simply Scored Borders

Did you notice the new scoring tool in the Spring catalog?  I ordered it thinking that it does the work of my embossing folders and I wasn’t sure it was something I needed.  Well, I now understand why it’s available!  Have you ever been making a project and wanted an embossed edge on a part that wouldn’t fit thru your BigShot or Cuttlebug?  I have and in the past I end up cutting an extra piece of cardstock so I can add the embossing folder and make it fit through the machine.  This little tool solves that problem.  I can do it without a folder and save cardstock by using this Simply Scored Border plate.  I also love that I can add an embossed border on bigger sheets of cardstock when I’m doing my scrapbook pages.

I made a sweet, retro-style Valentine using this scoring plate.  That plus the Storytime designer paper made this card a snap to put together.  Plus it gave me a chance to use the new That’s the Ticket stamp set.  I don’t even own the coordinating punch (yet!) but they were easy to snip out.  (Unfortunately I left this card on my craft table while I was making other cards and I accidently got the outline from another stamp on it.  Eeek.  I was going to re-do it, but I didn’t have any more of this paper.  I guess that just shows it really isn’t perfect, but rather homemade with love!)

IMG_3209

Here’s the video about this new product from the Stampin’ Up home office:

No comments:

Post a Comment