Sunday, April 14, 2013

Playing with Watercolor

IMG_3308

I’ve been playing with watercolor a lot lately.  Maybe it’s because it lends itself so well to flowery images & I’ve got Spring flowers on my brain.  I’d love to take credit for this technique, but I saw it on Betsy Veldman’s website.  It wasn’t even Stampin’ Up (gasp! lol,) but I decided I’d give the technique a try & I love it. 

I started by dropping a few drops of reinkers onto a plastic plate.  I sprayed that with water and then stamped the solid image from Stippled Blossoms (126747) into it.  I didn’t even use watercolor paper!  I let the stamped images dry completely.  Then I used the 2nd part of this 2-step stamping set and stamped with Versamark, then embossed with white embossing powder.  I like how it turned out with the watercolor image peeking out from under the embossing. 

IMG_3307

Happy Stampin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment