Friday, May 10, 2013

What Do I have in Common with Queen Victoria?

PA-Queen-Victoria-3256

We both know the pain of gout!

I just wanted to add something here so everyone would know what’s been happening.  On Saturday I woke up feeling like someone stabbed me in the foot and it’s been getting worse by the day.  My foot is swollen and I’ve been having what is probably the worst pain I’ve ever felt.  When I went to the doctor I found out I have gout.  Sad smile  I have no idea how this occurred.  Gout is not very common among women, especially women who are my age.  How does this happen to someone with no family history of gout?  How does this happen when I don’t eat meat or drink?  Regardless, now this is part of my life.  The doctor suggested I limit my intake of nuts.  What?  (I need to contact Dr Oz about that one because he said nuts were good for you!)  Anyway, it will likely be a while before I’m back to doing any crafting, so this website will be empty until I’m better.  Unfortunately there is no cure for gout and the doctor cannot tell me how long this episode will last.  The good news is that I have a walker and some drugs to help with the pain, so hopefully this nightmare will end soon.  Meanwhile, I appreciate any prayers and healing thoughts you can send my way.  Smile

gout

No comments:

Post a Comment