Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I’m home! Now, Who wants to do my laundry? :P

I’m back from Convention 2013.  I had a great time and I was happy to stay a few days longer to be a tourist in Salt Lake City.  I bought a SLC Connect pass to get into museums and attractions, but I found my favorite attraction to be the City Creek Center Mall near my hotel.  Maybe it’s because it was hot outside (104!) or maybe it’s because there were SO many great clearance deals, but I could have spent a week at that mall. 

Today I’m unpacking and doing laundry.  I’ll be getting the shipping rebates ready for those of you who placed orders while I was away.  I also have a ton of email, so I’ll be working on returning messages today.  (See.. you thought I was just ignoring you & really I just wasn’t here!) 

I did not take as many cards to swap this year, but I did take a variety.  Here were my cards:

IMG_3641

This was my “love note” (3x3) swap.  Unfortunately I missed this swap, so I pretty much just gave away my cards after the fact.  Some people were nice and agreed to swap despite the fact my card was tiny compared to theirs.

IMG_3642 

This was one I did for a swap focused on the months of the year.  I was March, so I did Easter.

IMG_3646

IMG_3647

This card looks simple with only one color and little stamping, but it’s a peek-a-boo card that moves.  I had 76 of these and I never would have finished them without my friend, Gretchan’s, help.

IMG_3644 

This was my personal favorite.  It’s a shadow box card and I love the purples and greens together.

IMG_3648

I created this card from all the circles I had punched from the shadow box cards.  It was a great way to use my scraps!

IMG_3650

Of course since Simply Sketched is my favorite stamp set in this year’s catalog, I just had to use it to make some swaps! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment