Sunday, July 7, 2013

Washi Tape

Have you tried using Washi Tape on your cards yet?  It’s very popular right now and rightly so.  It can take the place of designer series paper when you add it to your projects and it’s fast… super fast.  You can make really simple cards with washi tape or you can step them up to be a bit fancier.  Regardless how you use it, it’s easy.  It’s great when you are on the go because you don’t need scissors or adhesive to use washi tape.  This is a great item for kids too!

I made 3 cards to show you how you can use the tape in your crafting.  For all 3 you need the same basic supplies.  (1) Washi tape (2) Ink pad (3) Stamp Set (4) Cardstock:  I used Whisper white cut to 4 1/4 x 11 then folded in half and a 4 x 5 1/4 rectangle (5) Foam dimensionals

IMG_3653

My first (& easiest) card begins like this:

IMG_3657

I stamped a sentiment in the center of the 4 x 5 1/4 piece of paper.  Then I started adding my washi tape.  I didn’t measure it.  I just tore off pieces and stuck them to the paper.  Then I added foam dimensionals to the back and stuck it down to the folded card.  Done!

IMG_3680

The next card started the same way.  Except I only added 2 pieces of washi tape and did it vertically instead of horizontally.  I let the tape fall past the end of the paper, instead of tearing smaller pieces.  I flipped the paper over and smoothed the excess tape to the back. 

IMG_3665 

Then I punched a heart out of naturals white.  I used that instead of whisper white so it would be a bit sturdier.  I added washi to the top of the heart, going past the edges, then I stuck the edges to the back of the heart.

IMG_3661

IMG_3663

IMG_3681

I did pop up the heart and then popped up the white layer when I added it to the card.  Again, very easy and I only needed dimensionals, not regular adhesive.

I kicked it up a notch for the last card, but I started with the same basic supplies.  This time I added a smaller whisper white 2 3/4” square, as well as a 3” melon mambo square. 

I put the tape on the white square at an angle. 

IMG_3666 

I let the tape go past the edge of the paper as I added the strips.

IMG_3667

I folded the excess washi tape around to the back of the square.  Washi tape is repositionable, so you don’t have to worry about it when it sticks to your work surface.  It will peel right off!  It is delicate, however, so be careful not to tear it.  (Sorry this pic is so blurry!)

IMG_3668

I colored my sentiment and stamped it onto the lower right side of the white rectangle. 

IMG_3669

I put all the pieces together and added a punched butterfly and candy dot for fun.

IMG_3682

There you go!  Three fun & easy cards using washi tape. 

Happy Stampin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment