Tuesday, August 6, 2013

App Happy

All About Layar

Have you noticed the little red “interactive” squares in the new Holiday Catalog.  If you look on page 5, you’ll see what I’m talking about.  This year Stampin’ Up has embedded videos that will come to life when you scan the squares with your mobile devices.  Pretty cool, huh? 

While I don’t have a smart phone (QQ.. mine is still the old flip-style,) I do have a tablet and I did download the free app called Layar.  I didn’t know what to expect when I scanned the page of the catalog, but I was thrilled when an instructional video popped up.  OK.. I admit, it took me a couple of tries to properly scan the image, but then it did work and worked well.  My advise to you is to hold your device steady when you scan and to not to be too close to the page. 

Layar is available from both Apple’s App Store, as well as on Google Play.

There are so many of these videos spread throughout the holiday catalog.  I’ve only watched one, but I’m looking forward to seeing all of them.

Enjoy the augmented reality!

1 comment: