Monday, December 30, 2013

It’s Almost 2014. Are you ready?

It’s almost time for a new year.  Are you ready?  Have you already decided on your New Year’s resolutions?  This year I’m resolving to reduce the amount I spend on postage!  I’m going to embrace “flat” cards that can travel across the country with just one $.49 postage stamp on the envelope.  I’ll mail with the confidence that my cards will arrive at their destination without the brads, rhinestones, pearls, and ribbon having rubbed holes in the envelope or required hand cancelling by overworked postal employees.  Maybe you haven’t had these issues, but my friends and I have.  One friend found out too late that her Christmas card was arriving with $1.61 postage due for each recipient.  I bet that’ll be a card they will not soon forget!  Anyway, I’m changing for 2014.  I’ll still do cards with bows and bulky embellishments, but I’ll reserve those for hand delivery.  Since I mail the majority of my cards, this means a HUGE change in my crafting style.  This is a resolution I hope I’ll be able to keep! 
IMG_4426
Also, as this month comes to an end, please remember that the Holiday catalog is also ending.  Were there things you wanted, but didn’t get yet?  If so, now is the time to grab them while they are still available.  It’s always tough to say goodbye to stamp sets and supplies we love, but it’s exciting to see new products and start imagining the possibilities.  The new Occasions catalog begins on January 3rd and it’s packed full of brand new items for crafting fun! 
Happy 2014!  

No comments:

Post a Comment