Thursday, January 9, 2014

Alcohol Based Markers!

Remember yesterday that I mentioned that while I love Stampin’ Up that I still use other brands in my crafting.  One of my favorite things are Copic Markers.  I’m still getting the hang of using them, but I love being able to color with blending and shading.  News is that Stampin’ Up is going to be selling their own version of alcohol based markers called Blendabilities.  This is a VERY exciting  announcement.  I’m not sure when these will be available, but at least I see which color families will be represented.  It’s my understanding that there will be 3 markers for each color which will make it easy to figure out what colors to combine for shading and highlighting.  That’s a great benefit because frankly that is one of the things that drives me crazy about my Copics.  When I sit down to color I struggle to figure out which colors I should put together for blending.  For example,  I love the idea of pulling out my Night of Navy grouping and just start coloring.  So excited!  I’ll let you know when these are available for purchase.  Hopefully it’ll be soon!

blendabilities

It looks like these will be the only colors offered in the new alcohol based style of markers at first.  I suspect if people are receptive they will release more.  Smile  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment