Friday, January 3, 2014

Say Hello to the New Occasions Catalog!

There’s something so wonderful about a new catalog!  I love just sitting and looking through the pages and thinking about what I “need” to buy and what kinds of projects I’ll create.  As a demonstrator I’ve had the catalog for a while, but now it’s finally live so the items are available for purchase.  Perhaps my favorite stamp in this catalog is called Vivid Vases.  It’s just a single stamp, but I love it.  It’s easy to color and is just such a nice size. 
IMG_4353 
For this card I stamped the image twice.  Once on whisper white and once on vellum.  I colored the back of the vellum vases, cut them out and stuck them to the other image.  I think the vellum softens the look and gives more interest to the vases. 
IMG_4356
For this one I colored the vases and then used crystal effects on top to make them look “wet.”  While I think I like the vellum better, this card was easier since I didn’t have to cut out all the vases. 
In keeping with my new year’s resolution, both cards can easily be mailed with just one postage stamp.  Rhinestones would have been nice on the card above, but to reduce the bulk, I used some silver sparkle Dazzling Details instead. 
Enjoy the new catalog!

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa, I really like the look of the card with the vellum. You do such beautiful work

    ReplyDelete