Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Warning: This is NOT a Stampin’ Up Post

I just wanted to add a disclaimer before I offend some readers.  If you are a crafter who ONLY uses Stampin’ Up products, please pass by this post.  Smile

That said, I love Stampin’ Up, but I also love papercrafting in general.  I do sometimes use non-Stampin’ Up items.  Today I saw that one of my favorite closeout websites was offering Sizzix products at a nice discount.  Some of the things that caught my eye were insert dies for the Pop-n-Cuts system.  I have the Stampin’ Up base and the inserts sold by Stampin’ Up, but there are others available from Sizzix.  I found some on Zulily on sale.  Zulily is a membership based daily deals website.  I buy all my bras there because when they offer my favorite brand it is at a 40% discount over my normal lingerie store.  I think this is the first time I’ve purchased crafting items from them.  If you do not have an account, you’ll need one to look/purchase items.  You can visit Zulily here.   

I bought inserts for my Pop-n-Cuts base die for $10 each!  I “needed” an extended platform for my BigShot for only $23.  I got a triple square flip card die for $19.  And I was excited to find a storage box for my Bigz dies for only $16.  Granted the box won’t match the others I have from Stampin’ Up, I was pleased with the price.  

congrats insertextendedplatformfriend insertsizzix boxsquare flipsuitcase insert

There are a couple of things you should know, however, about buying from Zulily.  First, shipping takes forever.  It is not at all unusual to wait 2 or 3 weeks to receive the items purchased.  If you need something in a hurry, Zulily isn’t where you want to make your purchase.  Speaking of shipping, they charge $7.95.  I think it’s the same price regardless of how much you buy, however.  I usually buy more than one item when I shop there to make it worth my while.  After all, a $10 insert isn’t much of a deal when you add $8.  But it you buy several, I think it’s doable.  Finally, this is a limited time and quantity site.  It reminds me a little of the Stampin’ Up Clearance rack.  When you see something you want, you should get it because it might be sold out 5 minutes later.  Finally as a closeout site, they do not accept returns.  I am extra cautious when buying things like clothes and shoes from them because I know the item will be mine even if it doesn’t fit.  That keeps me buying brands I know so I can ensure that the fit will be as expected. 

Thanks for letting me share the deals I found today.  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment