Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Gelli Plate Printing

I recently purchased a Gelli Arts printing plate because it looked like making my own background paper would be fun & therapeutic.  It is fun, but I haven’t been pleased with all of my prints.  I think it takes practice, but maybe having some good and some not-so-good prints are part of the fun. 
IMG_4647
Here’s one of my prints.  I thought it was OK, but a bit busy.  The word “circus” comes to mind if I was asked to describe it.  lol  However, once I cut it up into pieces and used it with my Hexagon Hive Thinlets Die, I really liked it.  The die softened the pattern and made it useable.  I made 2 cards with one of the pieces.  Now I’m looking forward to my next monoprinting session. 
IMG_4645IMG_4646
I’m heading to Portland for the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking Convention on Thursday.  I can’t wait to escape reality for a few days and just have fun crafting. 
Till next week-

No comments:

Post a Comment