Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Coffee Social!

IMG_0252

Do you ever sit down to make a card and then just keep adding things in order to make it just right?  This is how this card was created.  It all started when I had the new Work of Art stamp set out playing with it.  I thought I’d use the brushstrokes to color one of the coffee cups.  But it looked too bare, so I kept adding stamps and embellishments.  I used Perfect Blend for the cups, Gorgeous Grunge to fill in the blank spaces left by Work of Art, and then I topped it off with a stamp set I won at the catalog premiere event called @SoSocial.  It took a while to create since I wasn’t sure how it would end, but I’m happy with it and I think it’s the perfect card to accompany a Starbucks gift card.  Not to mention that I feel so hip that I managed to use a hashtag on a greeting card!  The 2 new sets will be available to purchase on June 2nd, which is only a week away!  Woo Hoo! 

Also, just a reminder that it’s Tuesday and that means there are new deals for the week.  I think this week has particularly good offerings because it contains my favorite (and sadly retiring) Stripes Embossing Folder, as well as the Neutrals DSP stack, which is SO versatile.

Happy Stampin!   

No comments:

Post a Comment