Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Nuts About You!

Ok, so maybe I’m just nuts, but I LOVE squirrels.  If it were socially acceptable to have a squirrel as a pet, I would.  When I lived in Florida I visited an old cemetery in St Augustine a few times a year.  It is a nice place to pray, meditate, or just to get away from the hustle and bustle of life.  I, however, went there to feed the squirrels.  I felt like I really got to know them, generation after generation.  It was so sweet how they would see me and rush down out of the trees to take big, juicy, raw peanuts from my hands.  I haven’t found enough squirrels here in Oregon to develop this type of relationship.  Maybe some day.  Meanwhile, my love of squirrels continues.  When I saw the new Nuts About You stamp set, I knew I had to have it.  The tree is nice, the birds are ok, but the squirrels are just adorable!  I love it!
IMG_0222IMG_0223
In other news, it’s my understanding that there will be a sale beginning tomorrow, May 22nd.  As a demonstrator, I just learned that some of the retiring items will be offered at a discount of 25-50%!  That’s awesome news.  I guess the down side is that SO many items have already sold out.  If there are things left on your wish list, check my Stampin’ Up site starting tomorrow to see if your items are still available and if they’ve been discounted. 
Meanwhile, enjoy your holiday weekend!
**5/22 Update:  Here are the lists for the retiring and discounted stamp sets and accessories:
Retiring Accessories
Retiring Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment