Tuesday, June 3, 2014

New Year…New Ribbons…New Share!

IMG_0268
Each year I try to make new catalog items a bit more affordable for my customers.  My wish list is SO long and I hope yours is too!  But when you want everything, it’s hard to decide what is most important.  After all, you only have so much money to spend on crafting supplies, right?  That’s where sharing products comes in handy.  Say, for example, you love the look of the new 1/4” Cotton Ribbon.  That’s great, except that there are 12 colors of that new ribbon and each roll costs $5.95.  Buying every color of ribbon can really add up quickly!  Ribbon Shares allow you to, in essence, share a roll of ribbon with other people.  Each person places her order and once I have enough orders for a full roll, I order the ribbon, measure and cut it, and mail it to each participant.  Below are the items I’m offering this year.  Please see pages 206 & 207 of the new 2014-2015 catalog to see the ribbons in detail.  (The photo above is just an example of how I store my ribbons in jars on clothespins.  Your ribbons will come wrapped around a piece of plastic or rolled and cinched with a piece of paper.  Perhaps you’ll want to transfer them to clothespins too!  Also the photo includes some older and retired ribbons.  You’re ordering the new items on pages 206 & 207 so yours will look different!)  Orders will be limited to one share per ribbon per person for this first round in order to give everyone an opportunity to participate.  If there is enough interest for a 2nd round, then I will remove restrictions.  Also, if you are a current customer (meaning that you’ve placed an order with me within the past 12 months,) I will ship your ribbons for free.  Other orders will be charged the actual amount of shipping for the shares.  You may pay for your shares with Paypal or personal check.  Once I have received enough orders to fill the share and have received all payments, I will order the ribbon.  Assuming the shares sell out this week, you should receive your shares in mid-June.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me! 
5/8 “ Satin Ribbon in 4 colors:  Gold, Silver, Very Vanilla, Whisper White.  2 1/2 yards of each = $7
1/2” Seam Binding in 7 new colors:  Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder.  2 1/2 yards of each = $14
1/4” Cotton Ribbon in 12 colors:  Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White.  2 1/2 yards of each = $20
Thick Baker’s Twine in 5 colors:  Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush.  5 yards of each = $6
1/8” Taffeta Ribbon in 3 new colors:  Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky.  2 1/2 yards of each = $5
3/8”  Stitched Satin Ribbon in 5 colors:  Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist.  2 1/2 yards of each = $12
1 1/4” Striped Grosgrain in 5 colors:  2 1/2 yards of each = $12

** Note:  I have opted to do only Ribbon shares this year.  I decided there are not really enough new embellishments to work into a share.  I am also not doing the Designer Paper share this year.  Stampin’ Up has released two small paper pads of DSP for a reasonable price, which I think are a good substitute.**

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa, I'd like to order a few shares but I can find no where to order. Could you e-mail me at
    just4stampin at earthlink dot net
    I hope I'm not missing something but I've read it through a couple of times. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete