Thursday, June 12, 2014

Undefined & Why I Needed to Carve My Own Stamp! (PG-13)

When I was shopping at Target I saw one of the funniest cards ever.  I decided to copy it at home to save $5.99.  (Disclaimer:  This card isn’t my design, but rather one done by a card company and sold at retail stores.)
The problem was that the card featured a pair of men’s underwear.  Stampin’ Up does not make an underwear stamp.  Maybe Shelly Gardener really wanted one for her signature collection, but no one at the company ever created one for her.  As such,  I dusted off my Undefined stamp carving kit and tried it out.  (I hurt myself (I should have taken a picture of the blood) so I should add another disclaimer.  The stamp carving tools are VERY sharp.  One slipped off the stamp and into my thumb before I knew what hit me.  If you buy Undefined, you should use caution and I certainly would not use it with children.)  Anyway, I love my new stamp and I love the card I copied from the Target original. 
PS – These photos are rated PG-13 because they are kind of naughty.
IMG_0275 
I included the underwear in the photo so you’d know why I used gray and blue as my card colors.
IMG_0276
And here’s the inside:
IMG_0273
'
While the sunburst background isn’t by Stampin’ Up, the rest of the card is.  I used Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Night of Navy, and Shimmery White cardstock.  (Ok.. the shimmery white was a mistake.  I grabbed the wrong piece of paper when I stamped the underwear.  But everyone likes a little shimmer for their underwear, right?)  I used some of the Epic Day washi tape and some retired Night of navy Ribbon. 
Happy Stampin!  

No comments:

Post a Comment