Saturday, July 5, 2014

Blendabilities Black Magic

IMG_0384
Have you ever done the Black Magic technique?  It usually involves stamping the image with white ink and then coloring the white ink with colored pencils.  This one I did a bit differently.  I stamped with the image and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I colored the white with my Blendabilities.  I think it turned out pretty.  I did notice that I could see my brush strokes, so I had to be mindful of how I was coloring.  The card below was my first one and I think it didn’t turn out as well because I was doing circular brush strokes which were very noticeable.  I also didn’t get my colors blended as well as I would have liked.  Practice makes perfect (or at least better!) so I was happier with the outcome of the other card.  It was fun to color my pearls and rhinestones with the Blendabilities too!    
**The stamp has lots of dots on the background and I didn’t want those to show.  Rather than trying to just ink up the flowers, I decided to “cover” up the dots with my black Copic marker.  It seems like it would be tedious, but it took almost no time and I like how it turned out.  You can see a hint of the white under some, but it just adds some extra interest to the card.IMG_0382

No comments:

Post a Comment