Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy Moon Festival!

IMG_0487
Monday, September 8th is officially the Moon Festival or the Mid-Autumn Festival.  It really sneaked up on me this year.  Usually this holiday arrives later in the month!  It doesn’t even feel like Autumn to me yet, so how can this be???  Anyway, do you think I went to the Asian store to buy the Moon Cakes?  Nope.  In my mind, I was going to get those in a week or two.  Doh!  I was just looking on the computer to figure out when I’d need to get them when I saw that this weekend was the beginning of this holiday.  Oh well!  Perhaps I’ll do better next year.  Maybe I’ll be lucky and find that a local store that still has some cakes left.  Fingers crossed!  Otherwise I guess we’ll just look at photos of moon cakes and imagine that we have one to eat! 
2017-happy-moon-festival

No comments:

Post a Comment