Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New year–A New Calendar!

Welcome 2015! 
Did you see the Perpetual Birthday Calendar Kit on page 17 of the Occasions catalog?  I’ve been wanting to make a perpetual calendar, so I grabbed this one on my preorder.  When it arrived, I was a bit disappointed.  I didn’t contain clear instructions for decorating, but rather a bunch of dull black & white photos on an enclosure.  I wasn’t impressed.  I wanted a kit with step-by-step color instructions.  sigh  But I managed because I ended up just doing my own thing.  In the end, it’s probably better that way anyway.  For the first 9 months or so I was really trying to only use the coordinating stamp set and the Gorgeous Grunge stamps, but then when I got to the Fall/Winter holidays, I pulled out my other stamps to make my calendar even more special. 
Also, I wanted to have this hanging on the magnetic board in my craft room, so I changed it a bit.  I used my Cinch binding machine to bind it together.  I added a heavy duty eyelet to the back and used twine to tie a magnet to the calendar.  Then I used the fancy gold clip to just hold the pages closed.    Here are the results:
IMG_2131IMG_2132IMG_2133IMG_2134IMG_2135IMG_2136IMG_2138IMG_2139IMG_2140IMG_2142IMG_2151IMG_2144IMG_2149
It looks nice hanging in my craft room and this way maybe I’ll do a better job of remembering birthdays!
**Note:  These items aren't available yet, but they will be as of January 6th!**

No comments:

Post a Comment