Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Happy Thing …for A Not-So-Happy Time

IMG_2196
It’s been one of those kind of sad weeks.  First, my cousin (who was only 43) died in North Carolina.  Unfortunately I cannot fly that far for tomorrow’s funeral, so the best I can do is remember Christy as she was the last time I saw her.  It’s so sad to lose her. 
Then today I found out my friend, Ruth, lost her husband, Charlie, to cancer this morning.  What a sad week.
 
Anyway, for some reason I pulled out this stamp set for one of the sympathy cards.  Granted, it’s not a traditional type of card, but I think it works.  And somehow the “blue” bird conveys my grief of how I’m feeling about the loss of such wonderful people.
Life is short.  Be sure to hug the ones you love. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about all of your loss this week. That is a beautiful card to remember your loved ones by.

    ReplyDelete