Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fun With Embossing Folders

I really enjoyed the Stampin’ Up Leadership conference and I took lots of photos during the onstage presentations.  I thought this showed an interesting technique.  While I’ve brayered ink onto my embossing folders in the past, I’ve never sponged them and added more than one color. 

The card starts out by sponging the embossing folder with 2 colors:

IMG_2679IMG_2681IMG_2682

That background is awesome, isn’t it?  But that’s not all.  Then she inked up a few of the hearts on the folder and embossed again.  Afterwards, she punched out the hearts.  I didn’t even know the heart punch matched the folder images! 

IMG_2683IMG_2684

Here is the finished card.  I think it’s so pretty and different.  I can’t wait to try this technique.  Plus it shows the versatility of the heart embossing folder because I was thinking of using it only for Valentine’s Day.  Love it!

IMG_2685

No comments:

Post a Comment