Sunday, March 29, 2015

More with Gold Foil

On St Patrick’s Day I showed you how I made a beautiful gold shamrock by using my laser printer, some transfer foil, and a thermal laminator.  (If you missed that you can click here to see it!) 

I didn’t stop with St Patrick’s Day.  I love this technique.  I think it looks like it was done by a professional printing service.  This would be a perfect way to make wedding invitations!

IMG_2854

This was my favorite card.  It’s really hard to see, but the frame and the word “Thanks” are done with the gold foil.  So pretty! 

IMG_2858

Then I made some small cards with our last name in gold.

IMG_2857

I also used some silver foil.  It’s shiny, but I don’t like it as well as the gold.  But I think there would be good uses for it.  Maybe a Christmas card with Silver and Gold foil? 

Honestly, the possibilities are endless!  I printed all of these images from Stampin’ Up’s My Digital Studio software, but you could use any image from your computer or the internet. 

And, I first used Therm-o-Web’s Deco Foil.  It was expensive and you only got one small sheet in the package.  Then I found the Heidi Swapp Minc foil on sale 50% off at Jo-Ann’s.  I got a huge roll (10 feet!) for only $5.  While I don’t think it’s quite as nice as the Décor Foil, it’s much less expensive and still works well. 

Happy Stampin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment