Friday, March 6, 2015

New Sale-a-Bration Items!

Sale-a-Bration ends this month and Stampin’ Up surprised us by adding some new items to the available list of things you can earn for free with a $50 order.  I used the “For Being You” stamp set to make these cards.  I always need thank you cards so I was happy to get this set with such a bold sentiment and nice font.

IMG_2827

IMG_2829

It was fun to color in the word and practice blending my colors to get a, somewhat, gradient effect.  I added a little strip of birthday paper and some fun embellishments to finish it off. 

IMG_2830

Then I stamped & embossed the word onto a vellum tag and colored in the letters with white for a soft effect.  I layered the tag onto some of the Sale-a-Bration “Irresistibly Yours” cardstock that I sponged to reveal a fun floral pattern.  I stuck down the vellum with a few glue dots making sure to have the glue on the white part of the background and behind the white letters.  That was my trick to keep the glue dots from showing through the vellum.

This stamp set may be my favorite Sale-a-Bration item of the year!  There were other new items added to Sale-a-Bration too.  Please check out my website for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment