Sunday, November 15, 2015

Vanessa’s Big HBI

Have you heard of an RBI?  It’s a term used in baseball.  Since I’m not a fan of baseball, I honestly have no idea what it means.  Years ago, however, we made up a similar phrase in this household.  In this home, we have HBIs.  What’s an HBI,you ask?  It’s a harebrained idea.  I am the queen of foolish ideas.  That’s how HBI came to be part of our vocabulary.  One of my most recent ideas was that I was going to re-create a beautiful wreath I saw at the Stampin’ Up Convention. 

IMG_3510   

It was SO pretty.  I picked out out colors to better match my home and started stamping and cutting out various colors of leaves.  I bought a grapevine wreath and some styrofoam balls.  Then I began to assemble the pinecones.  I used 30 (THIRTY!) little leaves on each one.  After making two, I decided this wreath was not for me.  It requires much more time and patience than I have available.  Thus, this was my HBI.  I wasted something like 8 hours stamping and cutting out the leaves and assembling 2 pinecones.  (A friend said to me, “Why didn’t you just use real pinecones?  duh!) 

Several weeks later I saw the pile of leaves in a box in my closet and decided to make lemonade out of lemons, so to speak.  I used the leaves and the DSP (I had originally cut the DSP into squares to cut out more leaves!) to make swaps for the Stampin’ Up event I attended this weekend.  So in the end, my HBI turned out to actually be a good idea instead!  Who knew?! 

IMG_0104IMG_0107

No comments:

Post a Comment