Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Retirement Card

IMG_1362
I haven’t been in the mood to stamp lately.  I’ve even considered taking up a different hobby like quilting or knitting.  My husband frowned at that idea and said, “You can’t stop stamping.  What will you do with all the stuff in your room?”  He’s right.  I think it’s a passing thing.  Meanwhile my friend, Sharon, is retiring from her nursing job.  I considered buying her a card (gasp!), but in the end I brought myself out of stamping “retirement” to make a card & I actually enjoyed it.  I used two free items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog (Wildflower Fields stamp set and matching designer paper.)  I combined those with the Wild About Flowers set from the annual catalog to get the sentiments that would be appropriate for the card.  I colored the images and used my Wink of Stella to make everything shiny.  I hope Sharon likes it & realizes how much she’ll be missed at work.  Although, her husband is thrilled that she’ll be home with him more now.
Sharon isn’t the only one retiring.  This year’s Sale-a-Bration items will retire on March 31st, so you’ve only got about a month left to earn those freebies.  Don’t let this once-a-year opportunity pass you by! 
IMG_1363
Till Next Time…

No comments:

Post a Comment