Friday, March 18, 2016

Rose Garden with Glad Press' n Seal!

IMG_1450
For a long time after I received the Rose Wonder stamps & dies, I only used the stamps.  I loved the sentiments, but I wasn’t sure what to do with the huge die that goes with the set.  Then I decided to use paper piecing with it.  Maybe it’s just me (I’ve never been good at puzzles) but I had a hard time figuring out which pieces to put where.  Then I remembered I had Glad Press ‘n Seal.  That’s right!  The stuff you use in the kitchen to cover bowls works wonders in the craft room.  I also enlisted the help of some paper surgical tape with this project.  Weird, huh? 
IMG_1437
I started by running the die thru my Big Shot and then I grabbed my Press’ n Seal.  I carefully flipped my image (with the die still attached onto it’s front and stuck the sticky side of the Press ‘n Seal to the back.  Then I grabbed my stylus and burnished around the cut pieces to make sure it stuck really well to the Press’ n Seal. 
IMG_1438 
Time to flip it back over again!  I pressed over the image with my fingers and then used my paper piercing tool to poke out all the pieces, including the outline. 
IMG_1439
Carefully lift off the metal die so that all the paper sticks to the Press’ n Seal. 
IMG_1440
I used my stylus again to lift off the outline.  I made sure all the other pieces stayed attached to the Press’ n Seal.
IMG_1441
Than I repeated the process for each color of paper I wanted to use on my card.  For the card above, I cut out Blushing Bride & Pink Pirouette for the rose, Tip Top Taupe for the outline, Pear Pizzazz for the leaves and Whisper White for the background.  Yep, I did this technique 5 times.  (Oops, photo below is missing the pear, but it was hiding from the camera.)
IMG_1443
Now comes the fun part of sticking it all together.  I have used glue, but then I discovered surgical paper tape (I bought it from Amazon.)  I put the outline into the frame, flipped the whole thing over and covered the back with surgical tape.  The tape is thin, so when your card is done, no one will know it’s there.  Just be careful not to tape the paper to your work surface.  Surgical tape is repositionable, so you can gently move it in case you get stuck. 
IMG_1445
Once it’s completely covered, flip it over and start adding the cut pieces from the Press ‘ n Seal. 
IMG_1447
I used the lighter pink on the outside petals of the rose and the darker one on the inside.  Then I moved onto the leaves.  This is when you’ll be SO happy you used the Press’ n Seal to keep the pieces in order.  So many of the leaf pieces look alike.
IMG_1448
When all the pieces are stuck down, I used a bone folder to make sure everything was adhered well, added adhesive to the back and glued it to my card base. 
IMG_1450
Here’s one I did without the surgical tape and just glued the rose and outline in place.  I left the leaves bare.
IMG_1451
I also tried this technique with some of the Sale-a-Bration Designer Series Paper to make a more “masculine” style flower card.
IMG_1453
So this weekend, move your Press’ n Seal out of the kitchen and into your crafting space!  (PS – You can find this product at the grocery store near the plastic wrap.  And if you get addicted to this technique, It’s also on sale in a larger package at Costco this month.) 
Happy Stampin!

No comments:

Post a Comment