Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Yes - More Roses!

IMG_1463

Honestly, I know you must think this is the only crafting item I own since I’ve been sharing projects I’ve made with it for weeks.  I showed you how to piece it back together, then I showed my watercolor version of it as an Easter card.  Today I’m sharing a swap I’ve made for the upcoming Stampin’ Up event.  It’s a themed swap for a black and white card with one other color.  My one other color is Tip Top Taupe.  This die immediately came to mind when I signed up to attend.  I have to say, however, that I need my head examined.  I had to make 21 of these pretties for the swap.  Right now you’re saying, “Pfff, 21 cards isn’t too hard to do.”  Perhaps you missed the tutorial on how I use Press & Seal to keep the rose pieces together so I can piece them back into the frame.  Making one card is a little labor intensive.  Making 21 of these is insane.  I cannot believe I signed up to do this!  About 1/2 way through I thought I’d drop out because I honestly didn’t think I could stand to make another one, but then I did.  My goal was to do one or two a day.  Since I reversed the 2 colors, I only had to cut out one black and one taupe rose to make 2 cards, which made them go a little faster.  I am happy to say that these are done and in envelopes ready to swap next week.  Now, I may never use this die ever again.  lol 

In Stampin’ News for today, the company has decided to discontinue the Weekly Deals.  I used to really look forward to those, but over the past year the deals seemed less and less appealing.  The company will still have specials from time to time.  Anyway, for the last 2 weeks of the weekly deals, the company has upped their game and has more items on sale.  Check it out to see if you need anything.  And, while you’re online, might as well check the Clearance Rack because there are new things there too! 

I thought the retirement list would be released today, but that didn’t happen.  It will be released on April 18th. 

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment