Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Did You Miss Something?

The 2015-2016 Annual Catalog is quickly coming to a close.  By now I think most people have purchased the stamps, dies, and accessories they had on their wish list.  But you might want to take a 2nd look.  Some products seem to hide or even get lost when placed against so many other great items.  Case in point is the Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper.  (Hint:  It’s on page 143 if you have your catalog handy and is item #138444.)  This paper is beautiful and neutral with shades of vanilla and black.  I recently shares some tips for using it with my local stamping friends.  Here are the cards we made which have very little stamping, but rather depend on the paper to make them shine.

IMG_1973 

For this card I used the pattern with little flowers and vines.  I used green marker and traced along the vine, smearing the ink with my thumb as I went along to soften the look and then I colored in the little flowers. 

IMG_1971

For this card, I followed along the scallop lace design to cut out a border strip for my card.  I placed it onto another piece of the paper and decorated it.  I made flowers by punching scalloped circles (which are on the retiring list, I might add) and running them through one of my embossing folders.  They look like flowers, right? 

IMG_1970

And here’s the easiest of the bunch!  This paper already has pretty roses on it, I just used a sponge dauber and colored them in.  You don’t even have to worry about staying within the lines on this one because it’s so soft, no one will know!  I did stamp a leaf because I wanted a little more color, but I think the card would have been fine without it.  I also added another little strip of designer paper to hold up my greeting.

These cards are so pretty and no one will suspect that they are easy and fast to make.  The paper does all the work for you!  There you have it.  Timeless Elegance DSP is just what you needed, but may not have known was in the catalog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment