Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Sunday, August 28, 2016
All month I’ve been sharing ideas using the Thoughtful Branches set. This set is only available during the month of August and while supplies last. I loved making trees from the set, but it makes a pretty flower too. Perhaps we’ll see it again next year in the annual catalog? It has been popular this month, so we’ll see.
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Friday, August 19, 2016
This is the happy mail I received today. I love this month’s Paper Pumpkin kit. I have been so busy playing with all my new Holiday catalog stamps that I almost (almost) skipped the one for this month. I’m SO happy I didn’t. It seems whenever I skip I end up missing something great. (I skipped the end of last year and missed that oh-so-pretty calendar. I wanted to cry!) I can’t wait to play with this. Maybe tomorrow….
And a reminder for my local friends…
Cards & Coffee is THIS Sunday (the 21st!) at 2PM. If you’re coming, please bring your scissors, adhesive, and a bone folder. If you haven’t RSVP’d yet, it’s not too late. Just send me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know. I’ll get a kit ready for you! See you soon! (And if it’s still 100 degrees, I think I’ll be buying iced coffee this time! hahaha)
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
This month I’ve been focusing on the new stamp and die set called Thoughtful Branches. I’ve done lots with that tree, but today I’d like to show you how to make it into a pumpkin. Really? Who thinks of this stuff? Well, it wasn’t me. Here’s the card I saw:
Wow! I love this one by Stampin’ Up demonstrator Kim Jolley. How did she come up with this idea? It’s just brilliant. So I did what crafters often do…. I copied the idea! I turned my tree upside down and made a pumpkin too!
I stamped the Brushstrokes background stamp
across the top of my tree… I mean over my pumpkin to add some detail. Then I just used some of the new Halloween designer series paper (coming in September) to finish it off. My card isn’t as detailed as Kim’s, but I love it! It’s my favorite Fall/Halloween card of the season (so far!)
Hmm… wonder what else I can turn upside down?
Friday, August 12, 2016
Sunday, August 7, 2016
It’s time for another Cards & Coffee! This month we’re doing birthday cards. We’ll be meeting in Albany at 2PM on Sunday, August 21st. If you’re local and would like to come, please RSVP to me at email@example.com. The cost is $5 for the 2 cards. If you pre-pay, you’ll also get envelopes for your cards.
For my long-distance friends, I’ll be posting a video of the cupcake card on the 21st so you can stamp the same card with us. It’ll be the next best thing to being here!
PS – Other things I need to mention:
1. This month’s Paper Pumpkin kit is a card kit. Usually these kits are a complete surprise, but this month they’ve told us the type of kit, which I really appreciate. So if you’ve been passing on kits while waiting for cards, here’s your chance to select this one. If you haven’t signed up yet, you can do that now too. You just have to be signed up by the 10th in order to get the kit.
2. Don’t forget to use your $5 bonus money this month. If you ordered $50 or more last month, you have a code you can enter this month to get the discount.
Wednesday, August 3, 2016
I’ve been playing with the limited edition Thoughtful Branches stamp & dies. Here is a pretty card that reminds me of cherry blossoms. I put an extra layer on this one and later decided it didn’t make much difference, so the next one I made had only one leaf layer. Here’s the video on how I made it, if you want to make one for yourself.
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
1. If you earned bonus bucks last month, you get to spend those this month! WooHoo!
2. A new stamp and die set is available for purchase, but only while supplies last. It's awesome and you will want it, so don't wait too long to get it!
3. My local Cards & Coffee event is ready to go and will be held on Sunday, August 21st.
4. This month demonstrators get to order things from the holiday catalog. If you're in my downline, today is the day! If you're not a demonstrator yet, maybe today is the day you sign up!