Monday, October 17, 2016

Playing with Paisley!

IMG_3150
I have a confession to make.  When I saw the new Holiday catalog and made my wish list, not everything in the catalog made the cut.  The Paisleys and Posies suite of products were not part of my wish list.  I thought they were just OK and decided I didn’t need them.  Then I saw such pretty projects made with this suite, so I caved and bought the bundle that included the stamps and the dies.  Then they rested for a while on the shelf in my room.  Today I decided to play and I used them to make some cards.  I set out to make one more feminine and one more masculine and I think I succeeded.  I, personally, love how the manly card turned out.  It might be my favorite, but then I am partial to browns and blues. 
I started by randomly stamping images on white cardstock with VersaMark ink.  Then I added white embossing powder and heated it up.  After my images were ready, I just inked up my paper with a variety of colors.  I tried to keep my sponge marks from showing, but I wasn’t completely successful.  I still like how they turned out even with all the little imperfections. 
I finished off the cards with a gold doily for the feminine card and I cut a window shape out of a retired die set for the masculine one.  Both had some enamel shapes added for interest.
In the end, I’m glad I made the investment and got the set.  Now I need to play with the dies and see what I can do with those!
IMG_3149
IMG_3148


PS – My parents made it home to find that their house was still standing and not flooded after Hurricane Matthew.  They only need to clean up some fallen braches from the yard.  I’m so thankful that Jacksonville didn’t take a direct hit and that the people there were safe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment